Thursday 1 September 2011

Burn Burn Burn

Burn Burn Burn was probably the first completed and recorded Jetsonics song. We had just started the new venture and Sam had this great tune all worked out. Dave and me got to do our little drum and bass thing. There's even cowbell!
From memory we were booked in to record on Monday and we had this tune but no lyrics. On the Friday before I decided I'd better try my hand at writing proper lyrics. I was listening to a rough demo of the tune and wracking my brain for ideas with no luck. I decided to ignore it and or some reason ended up looking through a copy of Classic Rock Magazine. I never buy this normally as classic rock doesn't really get me going. Anyway. In between all the articles about recording Led Zep III,  somebody from Motley Crue not remembering the 80s and why Pink Floyd Don't talk to each other there was a re-print of most of  Charles Shaar Murrays rather good early 80s NME piece on Guy Stevens.
That was it I was away. I worked on a linear life in music type thing and wrote some notes. I then turned these into lyrics. These are pretty good I think. I'm not after high art but good pop/rock songs. I like them to rhyme too. You probably guessed that.
The first Sam saw of what he had to sing was when I took the printed lyrics out of my bag on recording night. Well it would have been had I not left them at home. Luckily I'd emailed them to him that day so I signed in to hotmail to get them. There was no printer in the studio so I wrote them down While they were setting up the vocal mic's. What you hear on this recording is the first ever time he sang it. We should put him under pressure more often. I think he did an excellent job.

Enjoy the video. Filmed on a budget of precisely nothing but time.

If you want to buy it get our Mustard EP. Go get it on Amazon or itunes. There's 3 other great tracks recorded later in a proper grown up studio with knobs and dials and everything too...









2 comments:

  1. Probably my favorite Jetsonics offering to date, very catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joined a walking tour recently Soho & The Roots of The Swinging Sixties - the chap taking us talked a lot about Guy Stevens and showed us the site of The Scene where he DJ'd. I did have to insist though that London Calling was NOT The Clash's first album...! There's always one sad anorak on these things isn't there...

    ReplyDelete